oneworld Digital Products Manager
Overview & Key Responsibilities
Job Title: Manager, Digital Products
Department: oneworld Digital
Reports To: Director, Head of Carrier oneworld Digitalisation
Ubicazione: on-site at oneworld Management Company (oMC) headquarters, Dallas – Fort Worth, TX
This position is open to member secondment or direct oMC employment.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Jaron Millner, Director, Head of Carrier oneworld Digitalisation, oneworld Alliance
oneworld© is a global airline alliance of 13 world’s leading airlines - Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Fiji Airways is a oneworld connect partner. Almost quarter of a century of working together, delivering a superior, seamless travel experience, the oneworld Alliance will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2024.
At oneworld we are not just making travel better, we aspire to Travel Bright, with optimism, positivity, smartness, and intelligence. Our highly skilled and diverse team of professionals lead a variety of alliance activities working in collaboration with all our member carriers, accelerating the use of technology, innovating, and making travel more sustainable. Join us to shape the next chapter of the oneworld Alliance.
The company's Digital Team is responsible for managing the digital infrastructure that enables our employees and customers to power their services. We are all about understanding our customers’ needs and building infrastructure and automation that delivers value and flexibility.
Our portfolio of services include internal tools to help our employees perform their jobs effectively and systems and products to assist our member airlines and other partners in providing world-class services. We work closely with a variety of partners and our customers and their technology back-end, front-end, and integration teams, helping deliver a simple and modern user experience.
This role will sit in our Digital Team. Our team's mission is to enable clients and peers alike to leverage modern technology solutions to better solve problems.
Your role will be to function as the product owner for a number of digital solutions, including our flagship API platform called carrierconnect, which facilitates interaction between our member airlines. This role will have you work closely with internal and external stakeholders to manage the produt backlog, steer the product development and assist our customers in extracting most value of our products, serving as a liaison between the business and product development. This role requires good understanding of airline IT systems, especially passenger servicing systems.
- Maintain and manage the product backlog, providing transparency to all stakeholder
- Translate business needs and technology opportunities into development tasks
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to develop functional objectives, user stories, logical service flows and UX/UI concepts
- Ensure user stories provide exceptional customer experiences and flexibility to support future product evolution
- Communicate status, risks and escalations related to product development, product support and onboarding of customers
- Manage vendor relations and performance for digital product development
- Oversee and manage Cyber Security activities for the company both independently and with our partners
- Provide product and market analysis to understand customer behaviour and continuously improve our products and services
- Facilitate for agile planning and workshops as required to source for roadmap ideas and prioritise development
- Collaborate on ideas and thinking through problems within and outside your team
Skills, Experience, And Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience
- Experience of digital product management role in a matrix organization
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills, with ability to facilitate constructive conversations across all levels of the organisation
- Experience with facilitation of agile planning, product strategy and product backlog management
- Experience in onboarding customers to a technology platform; from providing product understanding to managing the integration process
- Understanding of Dev Sec Ops and Cyber Security practices
- Commitment to developing high-quality services to our customers
- Understanding the importance of vendor management to optimise portfolio management results
- Good understanding of airline IT systems, passenger servicing systems and reservation systems
- Knowledgeable in launching new services and managing complex integration projects
- Natural desire to support stakeholders through documentation, guidance, and mentoring
oneworld Core Competencies:
Suitable candidates for positions at oMC will possess the following core competencies:
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Self-directed and able to meet deadlines with minimal supervision, technically competent to function with minimal administrative support
- Excellent team player who enjoys a fast-paced work environment and is comfortable with dynamic objectives in an evolving industry
- Comfort in taking direction and input from many stakeholders, understanding the role is in a central team which provides support throughout the alliance’s operational functions
- Solid communications skills, which include excellent relationship building capabilities
- Capable of applying a disciplined and methodical approach to work in a complex matrix organizational structure
- Strategic thinker with the capability of simplifying and communicating complex concepts and situations
- Proven experience of working cross-culturally and cross-functionally
oneworld offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. oneworld is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Back to Careers page